Cutest quote of the day! He obviously wanted us to clap, but hey, I can give big hands too!
I don't think I told you guys about the cute lil ol Korean Lady on the plane - The only English word she new was "OK", and I couldn't speak any Korean, obviously. When it came time for the first meal, we had a Korean dish called Bibimbap (sp?). I was fairly tasy for plane food. At any rate, she motioned for me to wait to eat mine and to watch her so I could imitate the correct process for eating this stuff. Then, when she was done, she helped me mix all the stuff together and opened up packages for me. When she was done eating, she patted her stomach and pretended to be fatter then nodded, giggled and said "OK!" She was so pruod of herself. IT was ridiculously cute.
Today, I think I experienced what jet lag does to a person. Not really in a bad way, just more of an annoynig way. Both my roomate and I were awake at 4:30am. Wide awake. After reading for a while and more failed attemptes at falling back to sleep, we got up at 6:30ish and went for an adventure walk. We were very lucky and found this gorgeous nature path in behind an art museum. The weather was quite bearable at that time of the morning and as a result we saw many Korean people out exercising as well. On our way back, we saw a lot of Korean kids heading off for school - this is at about 7 in the morning. It's pretty shocking, but a lot of the kids here go to school from 7am-10pm!! And during their very brief vacations, they still go to school. Talk about hard working. I think my head would a-splode!
Tonight, a bunch of us are going to check out the Western bar in downtown Gwangju...there's a rye and coke comin' my way! Here's hoping that I can sleep until at least 7am tomorrow!
Ta!
Nessie
ps - good luck with the move Sari and Sari's parents!
Friday, August 19, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
mmmm Bibimbap. good choice for plane food :)
That long school day is why they're taking over our side of the world. But for that amount of work, I'm willing to let them :p
Post a Comment