that's how long I've had an eye twitch. I'm not even joking - the lower lid of my right eye has been going sporadically bonkers for the last 4 weeks. Today, for reasons that I will make obvious to you in about a paragraph's time, it was off the charts...i could barely concentrate.
So, due to the nature of my lesson - a riveting restaurant dialogue - I had to have my classes in the English Language Lab. Now, I've been looking forward to moving my classes into that room since it provides me some consistency and keeps me from writing the same thing on the blackboard in all the different classrooms. I have now realised why this semester has gone by well so far and all the kids (more or less) seem like angels - once they are transplanted into the Lab they turn into sanity-stealing, eye-twitch-inducing, blood pressure-raising HELLIONS. The number of times both "teacher voice" and "teacher face" made an appearance today leaves me drained and residually angry. I really feel like i just need to scold a kid in English and have them understand every word I say...ugh.
Needless to say, the Eng Lab is now a place of necessity and will not remain my regular classroom. That is, until summer comes around and I can use the Lab's air conditioning unit as leverage. "oh, so you don't want to shut up? no problem. you put me through hell THIS week, so I'll teach you in the blazing inferno that is your classroom NEXT week! Take THAT to the bank and cash it!".
my eye is still twitching.
Monday, April 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment