Friday, May 12, 2006

meh, nothin' new

Usually I wait until I have something epic to tell everyone to make a post, but I'm gonna be honest. It's break time and I really don't have any work to do. Correction: I don't have any work that I WANT to do.

I told some teachers from my English workshops that I would try to explain Canadian Humour to them. I think I may have bitten off more than I can chew. It's difficult to explain any kind of humour, but the Canadian variety is quite unique. Interestingly enough, there is an entry a www.wikipedia.com all about Canadian humour. It was enlightening, but only a little bit helpful. Basically, we're all about Satire, sarcasm and puns...some of the hardest things to explain. I think I'm going to have the teachers listen to a song by The Arrogant Worms. If you haven't heard of them, they are a HIlarious comedy band from Alberta who write wonderful satirical and/or absurdist songs.

Today I'm doing a quiz show called "Typhoon" with the kids. They haven't seen me in about a months, due to holidays and camps, so I figure they've forgotten pretty much everything they learned so far. Typhoon is supposed to be a review. The kids absolutely love, to the point where they scream so loud that they go supersonic. I'm tellin' ya, dogs from all over the neighbourhood come running to the sound. Hmm, I think I just explained my mystery headache!

The deed is now done - I officially put in my request to spend another year in Korea town. w00t! My vacations dates for this summer are....July 29th - August 20th!!! If you'd like to see me, I believe you have to make an appointment with my mother who has already laid claim to every moment of everyday.

And finally, in completely unrelated news, I took this test on the internet and I would bet my dignity on the sincerity and reality of the answer:




In the dark ages, how would Vanessa Reid die?

You would be banished to oblivion by a powerful magician. At least it's better than being boiled in oil, right?
'How would you die in the dark ages?' at QuizGalaxy.com


Now, we all agree that banishment by a powerful wizard means I did something pretty bad-ass to begin with, right? I knew it. I'm a bad-ass.

No comments: