Thursday, April 19, 2007

on vacation, kinda...

bonjour, tout le monde!

Right now I'm writing from my second (Korean) home, the Jeollanamdo Educational Training Institute (JETI). The complex is located in Tamyang, a county northeast of Gwangju (the big city). This is the place to go for any manner of training course - principals, VPs, admin staff and teachers. When I take part in the English teacher training sessions, this is where I am. I'll like some pictures of the area for you so you can see the surroundings. It's really secluded, tucked away in some mountains and rice fields. Since it's April, Spring is finally here to stay and the weather in this area is amazing. Mild temperature, clear green sky and green, green, green everywhere. It's so refreshing, physicaly and mentally.

Every training course that I've done has been different, mainly because the people are always different. For whatever reason this time around, it's really relaxed (At least for the foreigners...the Koreans have a lot of work to do).

Yesterday, for example, I taught in the morning and had the afternoon and most of the evening free. In the afternoon myself and the three other foreigners who share my schedule (Roberta, Chris, Jon) went out and played for hours. We walked to a corner store, we played badminton, a bit of volleyball and frisbee. After dinner we went back to the gym with a bunch of other people and we played more volleyball. After our evening class (mock interviews), the foreigners ordered pizza and watched a movie.

Today looks to be more of the same.

And I'm getting paid for this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm quite happy you played some frisbee - love it!

And clear green skies....weiwd!

Brett said...

you have pizza?!?!?! I could really go for pizza... I'm guessing it wasn't covered with Mayo and Ketchup too eh?