i went in for a check-up yesterday. it's been about 2 months since the surgery, and sadly, my distance vision is not what it should be. I'm not all that worried because vision can fluctuate up to 6 months after the surgery. Anyway, here's the rundown of what the good doc told me:
When I got my eyes tested about a week after the surgery, they were almost perfect (-0.25 in both, I think. Note: my prescription was around -4.5 for both eyes before). YEsterday, my left eye was -0.75 and my right was -1.25! Shocking! Not that I didn't already know know this, as I'd been looking through these eyebwallz all day. Interestingly, my eyesight is significantly better in the morning than at night.
Anyway, the doc gave be two possibilities for what's going on.
1) Dry eyes (one of the stated side effects) can last up to 6 months and slightly affect vision. Keep going on the eye drops.
2) Corneal regeneration. Whenever they do the surgery, they adapt the laser for the average amount of corneal regeneration, but naturally, some people have more and some people have less. Doc says that I may have "very active corneas" (aren't you proud, mama?) but since it's only 2 months after, he can't know for sure. If this is the case, then he'll re-laser my eyes for free.
My theories about my eyes are that my left one is just dry, but my right one will need a second surgery. It hasn't been as good as the left one since the surgery. Such an underachiever.
*sigh*
Either way I'm not all that worried. This guy is the first doctor in Korea that I've actually fully trusted and it has a lot to do with the fact that I can talk to him without a translator.
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi!
I know you don't know me, although we have mutual friends (Nicoloa, Stu, Virginia, and I assume others). I just got a consultation at Balgun Angwa today with Dr. Gary Yun. I read your initial post describing the surgery on October 8, and I just looked you up to see if there were any updates.. it sounds like your vision hasn't been quite up to par? Is that getting better? Did you get wavefront, LASIK, LASEK, or Micro-LASIK? I made an appointment to have the surgery done next Saturday, and I'm trying to gather as much info as I can before the surgery. I realize you're in Bali, but if you come back to Korea or have time in the next week, I'd really appreciate a response: maggie.barnes at gmail. Thanks!
Post a Comment