Sunday, November 29, 2009

It's raining/ Rainism / Rain is coming down

I think this guy might win the coveted award for "Most Track titles that incorporate artist's name in some way."

*ahem*, well, I suppose I should inform those who don't know what I'm talking about:

"Rain" is the name of Korean ultra-star whose concert I went to last night. He can act, he can sing, and oh! he can dance.

I happened upon the concert ticket through a stroke of good luck. My friend and colleague Theba is a Rain fan and she had convinced her friend Jenny (another colleague) to go to this concert with her. Well, Jenny is decidedly NOT a fan of Rain (although I'm not sure how she feels about the actual precipitation...), so when I expressed interest, she practically thrust the ticket in my hand right then. I'm not sure I would've gotten a ticket on my own, but now that I've been, I'd probably pay the cheapest price to see him again. I have a couple of his songs in my playlist - I tend to prefer his fast, cheekier songs rather than the sappy, slow, boring, R&B tunes.

Anyway, here is a list - in no particular order - of things someone of the male persuasion can do to make all the girls/women in your audience scream, and/or swoon (please note: the first requirement is to have a hot body. If you don't, your audience will scream, but not with pleasure):
  • look directly into the camera and wink (obviously it was meant for me) :P
  • keep your face as serious as possible, but occasionally flash your boyish grin
  • do the above two point in quick succession and you're guaranteed to see fainting
  • put on sunglasses
  • take off sunglasses
  • remove items of clothing
  • pretend to remove items of clothing, but don't actually do it
  • rip your tank top almost all the way off, but leave it hanging by a shred while you croon your broken heart out and it's pseudo-raining on you
  • Fall on your knees while singing a particularly key part of a song
  • Turn around and wiggle your tight bum for a second
  • Pelvic thrusts
  • Crotch grabs (MJ-esque)
  • Simply walk out on stage
  • Camera close-up crotch grabs
  • Wear a brimmed hat that covers much of your face, then slowly turn your face up to reveal its beauty to the world
  • wipe the sweat out of your eyes
  • wipe the sweat off your face with a towel and throw it into the audience (i'm sure there are a few girls with black eyes walking around after that)
  • stand completely still for more than 5 seconds....I guarantee the girls will scream for you to move again
  • sit down
  • stand up
  • jump from a height onto the main part of the stage
  • sing with a really good falsetto (why girls love this, I don't know, but there have been many successful men throughout pop history who prove this point - JT, MJ, Maxwell, Neil Young to name a few)
Anyway, I could go on, but you'd probably get a headache just thinking about all the screaming. I'm not gonna lie, I screamed a few times - he deserved it.

1 comment:

Pratik said...

"...drop to my knees to elicit crowd respoooonse"