Friday, November 11, 2005

beware the chocolate covered sticks!!

While today is a somber holiday for us Canadians...or rather...tomorrow for most of you reading this and today for me...or today for you, and yesterday for me...GAH! *head explodes*

Anyway, november 11th is a somber holiday for Canadians, it is a special day (but not holiday) for school kids. In a ridiculous marketing ploy by the makers "Pepero" which is a prezel-like stick covered in or filled with chocolate, they have claimed Nov 11th as "perpero day". Students gives teachers and eachother these delicious treats, for no apparent reason. And they also eat many themselves. On the 11th hour, 11th minute, 11th second everyone is supposed to confess their love to whomever is deserving. There is one girl student here who proudly admits that she is deeply in love with the technology teacher. and everyone knows it...even the teacher.

At any rate, all morning I have had students thrusting these cookies in to my hands and even into my mouth. They are all ridiculously hyper from the sugar...and now so am I. So in the spirit of this Korean day, to you all I say:

sarang eyo! (I love you)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am confused...