as mentioned in the previous episode, I finally caved in and allowed the little girls in my apartment to play with me. And yes, I did have fun. I did not, however, anticipate the can of worms that it has turned into. Allow me to recount the past few days...
Last Wednesday: Play with children. Laugh, giggle, dance, etc.
Last Thursday: There is an insistent banging on my door circa 7pm. SURPRISE! It's one of the girls. She comes in, I try to ignore her, she calls her friend and sister and they join us. They watch TV while I chat on the internet. I send them home at about 9pm.
***side note*** I don't know if it's a Korean kid thing, or just a general lack of knowledge about personal boundaries, but I now have to lock my door each time I come home because if the girls do decide to come by, they will bang on the door and then try to open it and come right in. I'm not a fan of this.
Saturday: Bobbi comes for a visit. I have told her about my small child problem, but this is the first time for her to actually experience it first hand. Over the course of the afternoon there are three knocks on the door. The first time it's three kids who don't even live in the building!!! GAAAAAH!
Sunday: Bright and early at 8am...yes EIGHT AM...there is an obnoxious banging on my door accompanied by girlish giggling, and children peering into my bedroom window. I can't describe how creepy that is. Naturally, in my groggy state I am unimpressed and resolve to give them a piece of my mind. I grab my clock (for emphasis) and go into the hallway to have at it. I point at the time and sternly say "too early!!" The kids look abashed and confused. Then one of them hands me a pile of green tea packets and says "for you." Great. How can I possibly scold them when they give me presents?
They come back once more on Sunday and I turn them away.
Now I live in constant fear.
Brett equated them to Gremlins. I made the mistake of feeding them after midnight and adding water.
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment