I went to the bank today to take care of some bizznass and had a very pleasant conversation with the only person in the bank who actually speaks English. Let me tell you how I first met this chap...
Rewind a few months to my first experience in going to the bank alone. The dude who worked at the "special" desk (ie, for transfering money and dealing with foreigners) didn't actually speak English. He was very nice and insisted on speaking to me entirely in Korean. As kind as his words seemed, I just got more frustrated because he didn't seem to get that no matter what he said, I couldn't understand him. Finally, he tells me to wait a minute. After a few minutes of what I can only assume was rummaging around in the darkest corner of the bank's dungeon, he presents me with a nice looking fellow who speaks fluent English. WTF, mate?
Anyway, in the months to follow, the English-speaking Korean (Mr Park) has replaced the other dude at the "Special" desk. I really only deal with the bank once a month for bills, but every time Mr Park and I engage in pleasant small talk. Which brings me to today's dialogue:
PArk: So how is everything going?
Me: Great, I really love it here.
Park: Great, except for the weather, right?
*side note* it's now ridiculously humid during the day. I've started gauging the weather by the size of my hair. It's huge.
Me: Yeah, I prefer cold weather.
Park: I like summer. There are half-naked girls everywhere.
Me: *laughs* uh-huh.
Our conversation continued, but come one! How am I, a decidedly NOT half-naked girl, supposed to respond to that?
I should go to the bank more often, methinks.
Thursday, June 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WJGaH! She's finally coming back for a bit! If you're not too busy being half naked, email me when you're back. I'm in bore-o-phyl Mississauga now, but lemme know where ye are and I may be able to tief a car. Would love to see you :)
i didn't even read your post, but I wanted to say that I like you.
Post a Comment