So, on Wednesday afternoon I lost my purse. *cringe* To the male population of my readers who may not understand my plight as well as the women readers, let me clarify:
A woman's ENTIRE LIFE is in her purse. It's now Friday and I don't really hold any hope of getting it back at this point. My best hypothesis is that I left it at the bus terminal and didn't notice that I didn't have it when I got on the bus. Anyway, here is a list, in order of importance, of the things in my purse:
Alien Registration Card (needed for just about every transaction in Korea)
Cellphone (pathetic, I know, but I've come to depend on it)
Keys to my appartment and motorbike (Mr Son has a copy of the former, and my motorbike is still sitting at the Bus Terminal)
Bank Card
about $200
TD VISA
Health Card (which I worked so hard to get, as mentioned in my previous post)
Expired Canadian Driver's License and HEalth Card
Couple of new international phone cards
Motion Sickness Travel Bands
Core Sore Meds
Costco Cards
Chap stick and lip gloss
Well, that about sums it up, but to be honest the first three items are the most important. This happened at the awesomest time as I'm leaving for China in a few days and need my Alien Card to re-enter the country (GAH!).
Anyway if you can imagine the frustrations of doing this in Canada, multipy that by a billion and that's how you would feel if it happened to you in a country where you couldn't communicate with anyone.
Enter Mr Son. He literally saved me. While I was going through various emotions of confusion, frustration, dejection, topped by a lasting feeling of embarrassment, he dragged me around and got many things accomplished that I couldn't have done on my own. Here's a list:
Went to bank to report missing card and get a new one
Went to Police Station to Report my missing EVERYTHING
Went and got a copy of my appartment key cut
Went to Post Office to give them a copy of the police report in case it showed up there
Went to Gwangju to get a new Alien Registration Card
Went to LG Telecom to suspend my cellphone
That about sums it up. I'd be completely lost without Mr Son. He's awesome and one of the reason why I love Korea so much.
Friday, September 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I know how you feel...no, really I know EXACTLY how you feel! Can't wait to see you tomorrow...keep yer chin up and you can have my travel bands. I never use them anyways! Are you coming back to Suncheon Sat night?
See you tomorrow!
Though it may sound funny but I think this would be worse if it happened in England. First they don't like to do anything without a billion security checks, like you'd need three weeks for a new debit card. The real frustrating part of it would be that they all do understand you(more or less) but still won't do anything. That said, I hope I never lose anything like that when I hit China. Ciao.
Sorry to hear about purse loss. :(
Have a blast in China! :)
xoxo
Virginia
Post a Comment