Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Sports Day!

Today was sports day at my school. No classes, instead, as the clever name suggests, the kids play sports all day. Now, to be honest, the girls don't really have much time for sports outside of PE class because of the time they spend studying, playing on the computer, talking on the phone, going to hagwons and looking at themselves in the mirror. This made watching them play sports pretty funny. But, I will say this, they are tops when it comes to team spirit. I've never seen so much enthusiam for teams at school!! Bangin' on drums, cymbals, chanting, cheering, screaming...these girls were all in.

Anyway, I realise that I have never actually shown any pictures of my students, so I'm happy that I finaly remembered to bring my carmera to school!


It's go time!!

Warm up dance time. The music: YMCA

The finish line for a 100m dash
She's ahead by a mile!
Korean dodge ball. A little different rules, same basic idea - ping someone with a ball.
Mr Na, one of the English Teachers
They are smiling underneath their hands, I swear!
They are smiling underneath the masks, I swear!
Some of my lovely Grade 3s.Cheering on a basketball game. Yes, it was a loud as it looks.
The "basket" for basketball. I'm not kidding.Some of my fave Grade 2 students: Chae Yun and Na Rae
______________________________________________________
In other news:
I got another pair of glasses..this time orange!
I got a new motorbike...Champ is now a motorbike organ donor *sigh* He was a good ride.
I sold my piano. I was neglecting him too much, so now I found him a better piano. Goodbye Dr Zaius!
The price of the bike equals the selling price of my piano...w00t!
Carol, Mel and I finally went to one of those fun photo booth stores. Here is a scan of our prints:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those girls CLEARLY don't eat mcdonalds. That they play dodgeball with frames like that is downright frightening. Nobody got exploded like a skeleton in a cartoon i hope.