I had a very good teacher workshop on Thursday afternoon. There are only two ladies in it, and they are always very energetic and funny. We were talking about proverbs. They would read an english proverb and then try to explain it using a situation. Some of the proverbs have a Korean equivalent. Of course hearing them...there's something a little off about them that leads one to believe that the version in Korean is a little more meaningful :P
English: Too many cooks spoils the broth
Korean: To many sailors on a boat go to the mountain (I love this one, I think it's hilarious)
English: Every cloud has a silver lining
Korean: There is sunshine in a mousehole sometimes (this one is just cute!)
After a very light week, I was hit with Friday... 5 classes, all students. I made it out alive, and thankfully, Mrs Kim was there with me. My first "Extra class", which is a kind of club for students who want to learn more english, went pretty well, though it's mostly grade ones and they are pretty timid. I'll break 'em if it's the last thing I do!!! And by break, I obviously mean help them be better at English and to be more confident...obviously *shifty eyes*.
This weekend Carol came to visit me and we tore up the town! The most hilarious thing must have been how two foreign girls looked riding on a beaten up old motorbike. I christened the bike "Champ" because it needs all the encouragement it can get!! We went to the Green Tea Plantation and caught the tale end of a concert of Pansori, traditional Korean music. It was the same group of women that I saw the first time I went, but they were all playing bigger drums this time. It was ridiculously awesome. Once again, we got singled out and given free stuff for being Miss Canada. Yeah, I have to share the title with Carol now!
mmmkay, it's time to get to work!
take 'er sleazy!
special wishes going out to Bern, because she's my sister and I love her!
Sunday, September 25, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment