Wednesday, September 07, 2005

sorry to disappoint!

Well, for those of you who were waiting anxiously for exciting stories from typhoon-land, alas, Boseong remains untouched. In fact yesterday (tues) and today are some of the nicest weather I have seen here. Currently there is not a cloud in the sky! Nabi did, however hit the southeastern shore of Korea and was pretty devastating to southern Japan. I consider myself lucky.

In other news, I had two very successful adult workshops yesterday and one moderately successful student class. My lesson, I learned, was a bit too difficult for grade 1 students. Noted. I'm not worried about it, though. I'm glad to have learned more about their levels of English.
As for the adults, I had lots of fun with them...the second group more than the first. Sometimes making conversation is like pulling teeth. I did a "who would you choose for a new colony" exercise - it was quite interesting all the differences in opinion.

Later in the evening I met one of the teachers from the workshop who speaks English very well and we went for a walk - it was so great!! She has been teaching much longer than I, but I can already tell that we have the same philosophy about teaching and learning. She's definitely is one of those teachers that inspires her students. I hope for many more walks with her.

Time for more teacher workshops! Today I am in Boseong for the morning, then I travel to Beulgyo fo rthe afternoon. Let's hope there's no car sickness this time!

ta!

No comments: