Friday, September 16, 2005

nessie puts on her teacher face...

oh mercy! I feel like i've been put through the ringer. today I experienced my first classes without my coteacher around to translate, or keep the kiddies in line. Mrs Kim is quite sick, so I had to brave three classes of grade 1's and 2's. The grade ones were polite and gentle, which was nice, but the grade 2's....oh man. Just think of a room full of 30 pubescent girls and then add in the fact that you can't speak their language to get them to shut the F up. So, out came "teacher face" and "teacher voice". If they didn't know what I was saying, they certainly knew I wasn't happy. Oh yeah, and the apathetic kids, they didn't even try to hide it like they would in a normal class. I need to get get something hard to bang on a desk so I can scare the crap outta them if I'm ever on my own again...

All in all, while the experience was unexpected, I think I did fairly well. I got through the lesson and most people understood what I was talking about. I'm glad that it is over, and I wish Mrs Kim a SPEEDY recovery :P

This weekend is Chuseok holiday in Korea. It's like our thanksgiving, but as big as Christmas is. I get 4 days off, so I'm going to a neighbouring city, Suncheon, to visit Carol. She is the first person I met out of the group of teachers that I came with, and she is lovely. (From Sarnia!!)

happy Chuseok everyone!

No comments: